The Sports Consultancy is seeking an experienced sports and entertainment commercial consultant to join the Consulting team in a senior leader capacity on either an interim (6 month) or more permanent basis. As the team, our offering, the client base and the geographical distribution of our work grows, we are seeking experienced consultants to take senior client management roles, manage our diverse team and develop the business further through their own network.
Term: Interim 6 months or, for the right candidate, permanent
- Management consulting background who has subsequently transitioned into sport
- Commercial strategy in a rights holder
- Event / city agency (public sector) senior leadership
- IF / NF senior leadership (with a commercial focus)
- Major event LOC commercial / strategy
- Agency strategy / valuation
- Digital / broadcaster strategy / commercial
- Provide strategic and commercial advice to the Company’s rights holder, national government and city clients to help them develop market leading strategies to deliver smart commercial solutions to meet their changing needs.
- Manage a portfolio of parallel projects for a varied client base and act as the day to day conduit between the Consulting practice of the Company and our senior clients.
- Directly manage our Senior Consultants, Consultants, Associates and Analysts to support them in project managing the delivery of our engagements, using extensive project management skills.
- Lead business development activities for target clients, including proactively identifying new opportunities and using own network to build a portfolio of future business for the practice.
- Scope and price new engagement opportunities, with the support of the Consulting and senior management team.
- Support practice development activities including strategic practice growth projects.
- Confidently present engagement findings to the Company’s most senior clients.
- Provide deep commercial, strategic, organisation design and governance advice to the Company’s network of leading sports, major event and entertainment clients.
- Sensitively adapt style and approach to the needs of the Company’s international client base, including travelling internationally to jointly work with the Company’s clients and their events.
- Scope, design and translate innovative research into actionable insight to inform the project delivery.
- Create high quality outputs that not only meet client needs but can act as public marketing and communication materials.
- Be a senior quality assurance function for the deliverables of junior team members.
- Line manage a team of senior and junior consultants, proactively coaching and mentoring them to continue to grow and progress.
- Take ownership of elements of the strategies that develop the Company’s people and our offerings to the market.
- Develop thought leadership that continues to develop the practice internally and externally.