After assisting the Rugby Football League with their successful bid to host the 2021 Rugby League World Cup in England, The Sports Consultancy were engaged to develop a commercial strategy to identify prospective sponsors for the tournament. We were tasked with creating a long term strategy that would; consider current commercial trends, leverage learnings from previous Rugby League tournaments, forecast the market in 2021 and maximise RFL’s commercial revenues.
- Sponsorship structure definition
- Target sponsor identification
- Sales strategy definition
- Value proposition development
- Valuation and benchmarking
- Bespoke packaging and rights tailoring
We produced a report for RFL developing the foundations of their four year commercial strategy that would identify marketing partners and increase the tournament audience.